Hi guys, I have another interview for you. Today I talked to Bliss Foster, a great fashion youtuber. I watch his videos daily, and that is where I get most of my information about the fashion industry and fashion in general. If you have never watched one of his videos, You have to check him out. Here are the links to his instagram and youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlissMFoster
1. How did you know fashion was what you wanted to do?
Since about 2013, fashion has been a massive interest for me. Figuring out that I wanted to do the channel was a huge relief because it gave me an outlet to use my obsession in a productive way.
2. How would you describe your style in 3 words?
Lack of money.
3. What inspired you to create your YouTube channel?
I’ve been obsessed with clothes since 2012 and I needed an outlet to do something productive with that obsession. The channel gave me that outlet.
4. Who is your favorite designer of all time?
I always say that my favorite designer is a 43-way tie. But if I had to pick someone it would probably be Martin Margiela
5. Who is one designer you think will blow up this year?
I put out a video where I discussed the designers I want to see make it in 2021, the list includes Blackmerle, Doublet, Mowalola, Strongthe, (the return of) HbA, Lourdes, Peter Do, Robert Wun, Jordan Arthur Smith, Ottolinger, Charlotte Knowles, Botter, and Kanghyuk.
6. Where do you see the fashion industry in 10 years?
Haha, I’m no good at making predictions.
7. What would you say is your signature piece, clothing or accessory wise?
I try not to have one. If i can, I want to just keep exploring and developing my personal style
8. What would you say to someone who wants to work in the fashion industry?
Read the book “The War of Art” by Stephan Pressfield. It’ll kick your ass and make you better at whatever you do.
9. Could you recommend a few fashion books for beginners?
“Gods and Kings” and “Ametura” if you’re into Japanese designers. Those two are my favorites.
10. How do you think fashion influences society?
I think fashion is part of society
11. What is your favorite trend of 2020?
Haha, I hate to be difficult on this one, but I can’t stand trends. I purposefully ignore them when I can.
Hope you enjoyed, this was really fun to make. Let me know who your favorite fashion youtuber is in the comment section. Have a great day,