Hi guys, lately I have been very invested in researching as much as I can about all these big brands we’ve all heard about and their stories, how they started, why they became so well known, who is the person behind all of these beautiful pieces. So, I thought, maybe some of you would be interested in some of this information, because I know it was really hard for me to find all of this information. I will show you a few websites I found a lot of useful information from, how I decided to organize them and why I think they can be very useful. Let’s go:
1. First thing I really wanted to start learning about was the stories behind the big brands and their founders. In the beginning, I though I would have to use Wikipedia as a primary source of information. But then, I discovered this blog/website https://fashion-history.lovetoknow.com/fashion-clothing-industry/fashion-designers . It’s literally sent form heaven, it has a bunch of information on all the well known designers and some lesser known ones. I highly recommend this website if you want to learn about their stories.
2. Now if you want to learn more about art and costumes, some designers, this site only has a few designers, you should definitely check out https://fashionhistory.fitnyc.edu/ . You can also find essays on different themes, a fashion dictionary and a lot of useful information. It’s great for fashion history research and learning in general.
3. If you are interested in the story behind collections and what fashion journalists have to say about them, check out the Vogue Runway section. When you click on a certain collection you will be able to see the collection and the coverage. It’s my favorite place to browse. https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/
4. This one is specific for the part of the fashion industry I want to work in, PR. So if you are also interested in it, you can find press releases from fashion shows on the London Fashion Week website. I was so surprised when I found them, but also really happy, because it’s really cool that they added that there. https://londonfashionweek.co.uk/schedule click on this link and click on the part a little bit lower where it says catch up, choose the one that says livestream. Then you will have a bunch of shows where if you scroll down you will find a button that says Press Release.
5. This one is pretty obvious, but you can find a lot of great information on Youtube. Three youtubers that I have been watching later are: The Fashion Archive, Haute le Mode and Loic Prigent.
Hope this is helpful to you guys. If you are interested I posted a list full of most of the big important brands and their creative directors on my Patreon. Here is the link where you can download it if you are interested. I just thought it’s realy great information that I personally searched for before and couldn’t find in a compact form like this. Have a great day,