Hello guys, today I am going to talk about a more delicate an important matter. Sustainability in fashion has become a very important part of the fashion industry. We need to learn how to protect our planet. So I am going to present to you a few ways to help the planet.
1 . I am sure most of you already know about this one, but I will stil talk about it. If you are no longer using a clothing item, instead of just throwing it away, donate it to one of your local thrift shops. This way someone else can enjoy it.
2 . On the same note, I have noticed a lot of people see thrift shopping and second hand shopping as bad and refuse to go there. You should definitely check them out. You can find literal gems and you are saving the planet by reusing clothes.
3. Shop from ethical brands, that recycle and are biodegradable. I am going to list some of these brands below, so that you can check them out.
- Lucy & Yak. lucyandyak.com. They are an independent, ethical and sustainable brand dedicated to upholding a positive environmental and social impact.
- House of sunny. houseofsunny.co.uk . They are an East -London based brand that uses recycled materials and e-flow technology for washing denim, that way, managing to save water.
- Pangaia. thepangaia.com . They use bio based fibers and materials from recycled plastic bottles to create their colorful tracksuit collection.
- We Are We Wear. wearewewear.com . They are a London based brand, concentrated on body diversity and sustainability. The clothes are made from unwanted waste materials and industrial plastics.
Hope this post helped and hope you have a great day. Let me know if you are interested in this topic and if you want me to talk about it more.